- Boulder BCycle: Easy app-based bike rental for getting around town, with 41 different locations to grab a bike.
- HOP Bus: Bidirectional loop connecting CU to the center of town. $3 fare for a 3-hour pass.
- The public Regional Transportation District (RTD) bus and light rail systems serve all of the Denver Metro area, including between the airport and Boulder: https://www.rtd-denver.com/
- The RTD fares can be found here: https://www.rtd-denver.com/fares-passes/fares
- Boulder Creek Path: Pedestrian and bike path that follows Boulder Creek as it runs through town. Access from any street that crosses over the creek.
- Pearl Street Mall: Pedestrian downtown area with many bars and restaurants; frequent street performers.
- Chautauqua Park: Starting point for multiple trails, from easy (Bluebell Mesa) to medium (1st/2nd Flatiron) to steep (Royal Arch Trail). Views overlooking Boulder, access to the iconic Flatirons.
- Walking Tours: Learn about the history of Boulder and visit iconic spots.
- Escape Room: Solve puzzles with your collaborators from the conference! Groups of 4 get a private room.
Skiing, Snowshoeing, XC Skiing, Sledding
- Without a car:
- With a car – Drive time will vary with traffic, expect delays on Fridays and major delays on Saturday and Sunday:
- Eldora Ski Mountain (40m drive): Closest to Boulder with the least traffic delays, but smaller mountain than the rest. Great for beginners and XC/skate trails.
- Loveland Ski Area (1h25m drive)
- Winter Park Resort (1h45m drive)
- Breckenridge Ski Resort (1h45m drive)
- Copper Mountain (1h45m drive)
- And many more…
HRI Social Events
- Tuesday night brewery gathering – stay tuned for details!
Food, Bars, Breweries
- Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery (1535 Pearl St.): Popular and laid back pub-style food, with house-brewed beers. ($)
- SALT (1047 Pearl St.): Farm-to-table American style food from local ingredients. ($$)
- Bohemian Biergarten (2017 13th St.): Czech-style beer and food. ($$)
- Frasca Food and Wine (1738 Pearl St.): Italian fine dining, often considered the best restaurant in the Denver/Boulder area. ($$$$)
- Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse (1770 13th St.): Tea and light bites in an authentic tea house along Boulder Creek. ($$)
- Dark Horse (2922 Baseline Rd.): Dive-y bar frequented by students. ($)
- Upslope Brewing Company (1898 S. Flatiron Ct.): Popular local brewery with frequent food trucks. Just a 19 minute bike ride from Pearl Street Mall. ($)
- Wild Provisions Beer Project (2209 Central Ave.): Experimental beer from Denver-based 4 Noses Brewing Company, just a block away from Upslope. ($$)
- Sanitas Brewing Company (3550 Frontier Ave.): The “largest patio in Boulder”, serving a large tap list with tacos and coffee. 9 minutes by bike from Pearl Street Mall. ($)
- Avery Brewing Taproom and Restaurant (4910 Nautilus Ct.)