The HRI 2018 conference will offer the opportunity to demonstrate innovative ideas and advances in human-robot interaction, either on stage or in a dedicated demo room. We invite demonstration proposals for cutting-edge systems that make interaction with robots more intuitive, seamless, and pleasant, or otherwise illustrate some aspect of human-robot interaction in an exciting and engaging way. Proposals should indicate their preference for table based and/or conference stage demonstration. Given sufficient interest, the demo chairs will select a small set of stage-based demos that will be integrated into the main conference program.
Important Dates for Demonstrations
- Submission deadline: Extended to 8 December 2017 (anywhere on earth, submit a one-page abstract in ACM format – please use the sample-sigconf.tex or ACM_SigConf.docx files – via PCS)
- Acceptance Notification: 22 December 2017
- Camera-Ready Version: 15 January 2018
Proposed demonstrations must submit an abstract that will be used by the co-chairs to judge suitability to the conference and program. The abstract should follow the ACM paper template and must include:
- Authors (names, affiliation, email, address, etc).
- Abstract (max 100 words) and keywords.
- One or more figures representing the demo overview.
- Description of the demo, including both a technical overview and an explanation of novelty, importance, and/or usefulness.
- Preference for table-based and/or demonstration (final assignment will be at the discretion of demo chairs, with possibility for both.)
- Optional Video: Authors may submit a short video showcasing their demonstration. Video files can be in .AVI, .MOV or .MP4 file formats. They should play on standard PC and Macintosh computers without requiring third party codecs to be installed. The file size should be less than 100 MB and should not exceed 3 minutes in length.
Once accepted, the abstract (and the optional video) will be included in the adjunct proceedings of the HRI conference in the ACM Digital Library.
Please submit your abstract and optional video through the submission review website (PCS). For the abstract, the maximum number of pages is one (1). MS Word and LaTeX2e templates are available at the ACM website – please use the sample-sigconf.tex or ACM_SigConf.docx files. Authors are not allowed to anonymize the submission for reviews.
We look forward to your submissions and to seeing you this year at HRI 2018 in Chicago, USA!
Heather Knight, Oregon State University, USA
Iolanda Leite, KTH, Sweden