December 04, 2013:Submission of Videos December 18, 2013:Notification of acceptance
- January 12, 2014: Final camera-ready Videos due
- March 03-06, 2014: Main conference
We invite the submission of videos related to all aspects of HRI. These can be videos of academic or commercial work, can reflect real or simulated HRI, and present work that is completed or still in progress. The video session will be peer-reviewed, and accepted videos will be published in the conference proceedings and archived in the ACM Digital Library. Videos will be judged based on novelty, impact of content and entertainment value.
Guidelines and Requirements
- Video content should be self-contained and self-explanatory. There will be no live narration or in-person introduction when videos are presented in the session.
- Video content should not contain advertisements or be heavily promotional in nature.
- Submit files that are finalized, and ready to be played as-is, without revision, at the conference.
- Do not anonymize the videos for review.
- Videos should not exceed 3 minutes in length. Titles and credits are recommended to last less than 3 seconds each.
- The submitted video files cannot exceed 45MB in size.
- Our recommended video format is the .MP4 container format using the H264 codec (main or high profile) for the video track and the AAC codec for audio tracks. Submissions in .AVI, .MOV, or .MKV containers (possibly using other codecs) will also be considered.
- Authors should verify that their submission is viewable using a recent version of VLC media player (cross-platform). Ideally, the submitted file will play on computers with recent Linux, OSX, or Windows operating systems without requiring third party codecs to be installed.
- Videos should have the aspect ratio correctly set (i.e. playing them should not require user interaction to avoid stretching).
- Check that audio and video tracks play synchronously if relevant for the submission.
- Do not use Digital Rights Management (DRM) on your video file submission.
- Start the video filename with the lead author’s last name.
- Videos will be presented on a projected screen. Please use a horizontal resolution of at least 640 pixels. We recommend that you use the maximum resolution permitted within the file size restrictions (please do not exceed 2048 × 1080).
- ACM requires video authors to sign a release granting permission to use the video content for the HRI conference. Copyright of the video remains with the author. Video authors are responsible for obtaining permission for any third party copyrighted material (music, video, images etc) in the video. Such content should not be included unless permission has been obtained prior to submission.
Please submit your videos through the submission and review website. The submission deadline is December 04, 2013. The maximum number of page is one (1). Templates are available for MS Word and LaTeX2e.