Call for Videos
- 3 December 2012: Submission deadline
- 18 December 2012: Notification of acceptance/rejection
- 6 January 2013: Finalized versions due
- 3-6 March 2013: Main conference
We invite the submission of videos related to all aspects of HRI. These can be videos of academic or commercial work, can reflect real or simulated HRI, and present work that is completed or still in progress. The video session will be peer-reviewed, and accepted videos will be published in the conference proceedings and archived in the ACM Digital Library. Videos will be judged based on novelty, impact of content and entertainment value.
Guidelines and Requirements
- Video content should be self-contained and self-explanatory. There will be no live narration or in-person introduction when videos are presented in the session.
- Video content should not contain advertisements or be heavily promotional in nature.
- Submit files that are finalized, and ready to be played as-is, without revision, at the conference.
- Do not anonymize the videos for review.
- Videos should not exceed 3 minutes in length. Titles and credits are recommended to last less than 3 seconds each.
- The submitted video files cannot exceed 45MB in size.
- The video files can be in .AVI, .MOV or .MP4 file formats. They should play on standard PC and Macintosh computers without requiring third party codecs to be installed. Authors should verify that their submission is viewable using VLC (cross-platforms).
- Do not use Digital Rights Management (DRM) on your video file submission.
- Start the video filename with the lead author’s last name.
- Videos will be presented on a projected screen. Please use a horizontal resolution of at least 640 pixels. We recommend that you use the maximum resolution permitted within the file size restrictions.
- ACM requires video authors to sign a release granting permission to use the video content for the HRI conference. Copyright of the video remains with the author. Video authors are responsible for obtaining permission for any third party copyrighted material (music, video, images etc) in the video. Such content should not be included unless permission has been obtained prior to submission.
Please submit your video abstract and movie through the submission and review website. The submission deadline is 3 December 2012. The maximum number of page is one(1). Templates are available for Word and LaTeX2e.