The HRI2010 proceedings are now available in the ACM DL.
Archive for 2010
The best paper was:
Min Kyung Lee, Sara Kiesler, Jodi Forlizzi, Siddhartha Srinivasa, & Paul Rybski “Gracefully Mitigating Breakdowns in Robotic Services”
The best Late-Breaking paper was:
Yuto Yamaji, Taisuke Miyake, Yuta Yoshiike, P. Ravindra De Silva, & Michio Okada “STB: Human-Dependent Sociable Trash Box”
The best video was:
Jeonghye Han, Seungmin Lee, Bokhyun Kang, Sungju Park, Jungkwan Kim, Myungsook Kim, & Mihee Kim “A Trial English Class with a Teaching Assistant Robot in Elementary School”
Full conference program is now available as a PDF file. Click on the thumbnail below to download.
Because of the technical problem with the registration system caused on January 31st, we extended the early registration deadline until February 3rd, 2010. We apologize for the inconvenience.
We already closed the registration for the bus tour since it reached the maximum passenger count. Thanks.
The HRI conference is proud to announce the availability of a bus tour to three outstanding research laboratories on March 1st, 2010. We will visit:
- Asada Synergistic Intelligence Project, ERATO, JST (inside campus of Osaka Univ.) – http://www.jeap.org/web/
- Hosoda Laboratory, Osaka University – http://www.robot.ams.eng.osaka-u.ac.jp/index-e.html
- Augmented Living for Occupant Comfort & Energy Saving, Osaka University
- Intelligent Robotics and Communication Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International – http://www.irc.atr.jp/en/
- Computational Neuroscience Laboratories, Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International – http://www.cns.atr.jp/indexE.html
The preliminary schedule is:
- 9:00 – Start of the tour, the meeting point is at the Business Innovation Center Osaka
- 10:00~11:30 – Technical tour at Osaka Univiversity
- 12:30~13:30 – Lunch (Tenpura and Udon) at Osaka, 美々卯（mimiu). A vegetarian menu is available. The lunch is included in the registration fee.
- 14:30~16:00 – Technical tour at ATR.
- 17:30 – End of the tour, the bus will arrive at the Business Innovation Center Osaka
We are pleased to announce that there is funding available to partially support Student Volunteers’ travel to HRI 2010. Students receiving support will be expected to volunteer time to help with on-site registration and with general duties, as needed, from 1 March (early on-site registration, tutorials and workshops) to 5 March, 2010. Being a Student Volunteer is a great way to enter the HRI research community, meet other students in your field, and attend one of most important conferences in HRI. We are looking to include students with diverse backgrounds in HRI and from all parts of the world.
To request funding, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Name,
- Your Affiliation (name and address of college/university),
- Your Contact Information (email address and telephone number(s)).
- whether you are a part-time or full-time student, and include the name of your faculty advisor with email and telephone contact information;
- whether or not you are a (co)author of a paper or a late-breaking report at HRI10;
- if you are receiving or requesting funding from the Young Researchers Workshop on 2 March 2010
- Please include information about your area of study.
(3) A statement of your requested funding amount and a brief justification of your funding needs (250 words maximum).
Note that you do not have to have an accepted paper/poster at HRI10 to be considered for financial support. The deadline for the information submission is February 1, 2010.
Student Volunteers Co-Chairs
Min Kyung Lee
Carnegie Mellon University
University of Cambridge
The following workshops and tutorial will be held on Tuesday March 2, 2010.
- Cognitive Analysis Methods Applied to Human-Robot Interaction – Organizers: Julie A. Adams and Robin R. Murphy, (half day tutorial)
- What Do Collaborations with the Arts Have to Say about HRI? – Organizers: William D. Smart, Annamaria Pileggi, Leila Takayama, (full day workshop)
- Interaction Science Perspective on HRI: Designing Robot Morphology – Organizers: Angel P. del Pobil, S. Shyam Sundar, (half day workshop)
- Learning and Adaptation of Humans in HRI – Organizers: Hiroshi Ishiguro, Robin R. Murphy, Tatsuya Nomura, (full day workshop)
- HRI Pioneers Workshop 2010 – Organizers: Kate Tsui, Henriette Cramer, Osawa Hirotaka, Min Kyung Lee, Laurel Riek, Satoru Satake, Kristen Stubbs, Ja-Young Sung, (full day workshop)
You can register for workshops and tutorials at https://www.regonline.com/hri_10_2010_human_robot_interaction_conference.